Sunday, January 11, 2009

laundry day

every sunday morning i go to the laundromat. i go early so it's just me and i don't have to deal with anyone. i can just sit and read and watch my clothes spin. The laundromat has it's own pet kitty that roams around and loves to sit with me, actually loves to sit on my warm coat.

today i watched the cat and marveled at the intensity of our collective instincts. this cat has never been outside, never came close to another animal, never been "wild" but i watched her go crazy over some birds out the window. crouched down, waiting to pounce, she wanted a bird. it's basic instinct for a cat.

that got me thinking about my instincts, our instincts as humans and how we fight them. we know inherently what's best for us but choose for whatever reason to follow the path of someone else or something else or go against ourselves. i know that i've wished a lot that i had followed my instincts before because i know my life would be different.



i am aware and will make it my intention to listen to myself because only i know me and what's best for me.

i urge all of you to do the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment