Saturday, December 27, 2008

me

what is it that makes me "me"? what forces all came together the last 30 odd years that made me into who i am? why is everyone i know basically cookie cutter and then there is "me". the odd one out. the one who only owns one cup and likes it that way. the crazy person who sold the car and bought a bicycle. the one who peddles to work in zero degrees and wears a pendant of buddha. the one who reads at lunch and doesn't watch tv.
what is wrong with "me"? i'm not overly opinionated and i don't speak much. why does that make people so nervous? why is it so important to complain about everything and have a loud opinion on everything? why does it make me boring because i don't want to talk? what is so important that we have to spend our lives talking constantly.
What about just looking at the sky? night or day it's still beautiful. What about looking at the world through compassionate eyes? instead of complaining just really look at the world around us. choose to see the positive...choose to be happy...choose to see instead of talking. there is more to life and sometimes silence is.....

and one other thing - whether you wait for it or push for it, change will happen in its own time. we are in control of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment